Code of Conduct Launch
The revised Code was agreed by our Board of Trustees in July and is being launched on 9 October at our AGM.
The Code is encapsulated in six key principles:
- behaving in an open, honest and trustworthy manner
- acting in the best interests of your organisation, customers, clients and/or partners
- continually developing and maintaining your professional knowledge and competence
- respecting the people with whom you work
- creating a positive impact on society
- upholding the reputation of the profession and the Institute.
These principles are supplemented by a series of demonstrable behaviours and examples of good practice. A further change is that the new Code applies to all members – across CMI and IC. Previously there were separate Codes for CMI and IC.
For more information contact Valerie Hamill, Institute Secretary, CMI, 2 Savoy Court, Strand, London WC2R 0EZ; email Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org Further information is available at www.managers.org.uk/code where you can download a copy.