Policy and Research Update may 2015
Published work in the final quarter of 2014/2015 and start of the new financial year has included:
- Publication of CEO Challenge survey – showing social media and cyber-security among UK CEOs’ top concerns. Discussions are underway with the Conference Board on further opportunities for collaboration later in 2015/16. Find our infographic here and read more here.
- Delivery of a Women in Journalism survey working with the Government Equalities Office. Initial findings were presented to a Parliamentary roundtable, 17 March, including Government Minister Baroness Jolly and senior figures from print and broadcast media. Discussions are ongoing with GEO about how CMI can help implement some of the recommendations. We are also talking to UKCES about supporting a competition to encourage innovative solutions to encourage equal opportunities in career progression, details tbc.
- Published Winning Ideas, the top five articles from the Management Articles of the Year competition, available at here
WORK IN PROGRESS
Numerous projects are ongoing and we are set for a busy programme in 2015/16. Work ongoing includes:
- Chartered Manager: following the release of initial findings in April, coordinated with the Presidents’ Dinner and the CMgr feature in Professional Manager, we will publish a summary report in May – plus numerous case studies and videos
- National Management Salary Survey: our latest annual report with XpertHR on trends in management pay will be published soon. Further details will be shared in due course.
- Diversity: work is ongoing on our diversity survey with over 700 responses already received. Initial results have been shared with the WiM Advisory Committee in April and full findings will be published in autumn 2015. Committee members are encouraged to complete the questionnaire here
- Ethics: building on our strategic theme of management ethics, we are again collaborating on a new MoralDNA research project, focusing on employee-owned businesses. This will explore the impact of employee ownership on ethical decision making and look at how management culture is affected. Publication this summer.
- Digital Learning: development work is under way on this project exploring how technology is transforming management and leadership development. A CMI survey will go live in May 2015 with good practice interviews also under way with leading employers. Due to be published this summer.