CMI link up gives business students a boost
This joint venture will give students on the BSc (Hons) Business Management, BSc (Hons) Business Management & Leadership and the MBA at Anglia Ruskin a considerable competitive advantage and provide an effective route to career progression.
In addition to the facilities and support provided by Anglia Ruskin’s Lord Ashcroft International Business School, the CMI partnership means that students will benefit from professional recognition and access to exclusive CMI online learning resources.
Dr Phillipa Towlson, Head of Operations and Administration at Lord Ashcroft International Business School, said:
"We are delighted to be working with the CMI to deliver these value-added professional qualifications for some of our undergraduate and postgraduate students. Professional qualifications in leadership and management will support our graduates in securing high quality graduate jobs in an increasingly competitive employment market. Our students currently earn on average £10,000 above the national average and the ability to demonstrate professional skills in leadership and management will continue to enhance our graduates’ prospects."
Ann Francke, CMI Chief Executive, said:
"We’re looking forward to welcoming graduates from Anglia Ruskin University into the CMI family with a partnership that is focused on producing more practical managers. There is a real opportunity for us to help these students to apply their ideas in practice and build on what they’ve learned. Together, we’ll introduce some exceptional individuals to the next stage of their career development."
For further details of Anglia Ruskin’s CMI accredited courses, visit www.anglia.ac.uk/laibs
Anglia Ruskin University
- Anglia Ruskin is a modern, global university with 35,000 students from 177 countries studying with us across four continents.
- 12 of our research areas across our five faculties were classed as world-leading by the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
- Our graduate prospects are among the best in the UK, with 9 out of 10 starting their career or in further study within six months.
- We have three main campuses, in Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough.
- Anglia Ruskin University is the Times Higher Education’s Entrepreneurial University of the Year.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- CMI – the Chartered Management Institute – is the only chartered professional body for management and leadership, dedicated to improving managers’ skills and growing the number of qualified managers.
- Our professional management qualifications span GCSE to PhD equivalent levels, including the unique Chartered Manager award which increases earnings potential and improves workplace performance.
- We provide employers and individual managers with access to the latest management thinking and with practical online support which helps them embrace change, create high performing teams and keep ahead of the curve.
- With a member community of 100,000 managers and leaders, we promote high standards of ethical practice through our Professional Code of Conduct, and help managers build their expertise through online networks, regional events and mentoring opportunities.
For more press information please contact: