Top international business school partners with CMI to offer management execs Chartered status
Agreement will provide managers access to professional accreditation
Management executives studying at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business will soon be able to bolster their advanced management training with Chartered accreditation, thanks to a new partnership with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Through the agreement, participants on Chicago Booth’s Accelerated Development Programme (ADP) will automatically become Associate Members of CMI, giving them professional recognition and access to exclusive CMI online learning resources. They will also benefit from a streamlined route to Chartered Manager, the UK’s only chartered accreditation to recognise achievement in the field of professional management.
ADP is one of the open enrolment executive education programmes offered at the Chicago Booth London campus. Senior executives accepted onto the programme will be able to demonstrate and gain recognition for their real-world practical experience and achievements on top of their professional training, via Chartered Manager and ADP. The process of achieving Chartered status will take Chicago Booth’s learners four to six weeks, running after their completion of ADP.
Commenting on the agreement, Arnold Longboy, managing director of executive education (EMEA & APAC) of Chicago Booth, noted:
“We are very excited to be working with the Chartered Management Institute. To be able to embed the benefits that CMI offers into our Accelerated Development Programme is of real added value for our participants going forward.
“The significance of a British chartered institute is something that our international participants will recognise as a great advantage to them in the workplace. We are looking forward to developing the relationship further with CMI.”
Ann Francke, chief executive of the CMI, added:
“Chartered Manager accreditation perfectly complements management training. As executive education demonstrates achievement in the classroom, so Chartered Manager demonstrates achievement and success in the field.
“Chicago Booth is one of the most esteemed business schools in the world, teaching today’s managers and grooming the business leaders of tomorrow. We’re pleased to offer their high achieving ADP participants Chartered Manager accreditation, and add to their education with extra learning support. We’re delighted to work with one of the best in the business of business education.”
For further information contact:
CMI - Tristan Garrick, Head of Strategy, Planning and Campaigns
tel. 020 7421 2705 email email@example.com
Chicago Booth - Jane Delbene, Director of External Relations
tel. 020 7070 2225 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago Booth is the second oldest business school in the US, established in 1898. From its origins, Chicago Booth has stressed discipline-based knowledge. The “Chicago Approach” combines the very best in conceptual knowledge and academic theory with practical real world application.
Drawing on multiple academic disciplines Chicago Booth helps students create sophisticated analytical frameworks – teaching leaders “How to think, not what to think.” Chicago Booth was the first and still only US business school with permanent Centres on 3 continents: Asia (Singapore and Hong Kong), Europe (London) and North America (Chicago).
- CMI – the Chartered Management Institute – is the only chartered professional body for management and leadership, dedicated to improving managers’ skills and growing the number of qualified managers.
- The CMI is partnered with 83 business schools to provide membership, dual accreditation and/or Chartered Manager
- Our professional management qualifications span GCSE to PhD equivalent levels, including the unique Chartered Manager award which increases earnings potential and improves workplace performance.
- We provide employers and individual managers with access to the latest management thinking and with practical online support which helps them embrace change, create high performing teams and keep ahead of the curve.
- With a member community of 100,000 managers and leaders, we promote high standards of ethical practice through our Professional Code of Conduct, and help managers build their expertise through online networks, regional events and mentoring opportunities.