Five Tips for Bulldozers
A difficult conversation? No problem. But have you ever thought about how others respond to this approach?
Well, we can help. Below you’ll find some top tips and content to help you prepare for future conversations so everyone comes out feeling positive.
Five top tips
- Recognise that it is not about browbeating another person into compliance; it’s about finding a win-win solution
- Listen to their side of the story – don’t assume you know what they are going to say
- Recognise that the person you are talking to may feel exposed or vulnerable
- Develop an awareness of how other people see you
- Invest time in developing your emotional intelligence
Find out more
Handling difficult conversations
Face to face communication for interviews and meetings
Understanding non-verbal communication
These are just some of the thousands of resources all CMI members have access to through ManagementDirect, our online management resource portal.
Not a CMI member?
Practical help whenever you need it; tools and techniques to save time and stress; new ways to enhance your professional reputation; qualifications that show the world you mean business - that's what CMI is all about.
And now, for a limited period, you can receive 20% off the membership fee. Just enter the promotional code DIFF in the payment section of the application form. Become a member now ►
Got a little longer?
Why not take a look at our range of short courses? Whatever stage you’re at in your career, our courses are designed to help you develop the skills needed to take you to the next level. View short courses ►