Five Tips for Peacekeepers
You don’t want to cause a scene so tend to avoid any confrontation or difficult conversations at work. But sometimes your colleagues want you to be more assertive and make a decision.
Well, we can help. Below you’ll find some top tips and content to help you develop your professional people skills.
Five top tips
- Realise that as a team leader you have a responsibility to get the issue resolved for the good of all
- Understand that you can learn to be assertive without being aggressive
- Keep focused on the outcome you need to achieve
- Prepare for the conversation – think through what you want to say and make notes to refer back to
- Be prepared to remain objective, even if people react emotionally
Find out more
Handling difficult conversations
Engaging your team
These are just some of the thousands of resources all CMI members have access to through ManagementDirect, our online management resource portal.
Not a CMI member?
Practical help whenever you need it; tools and techniques to save time and stress; new ways to enhance your professional reputation; qualifications that show the world you mean business - that's what CMI is all about.
And now, for a limited period, you can receive 20% off the membership fee. Just enter the promotional code DIFF in the payment section of the application form. Become a member now ►
Got a little longer?
Why not take a look at our range of short courses? Whatever stage you’re at in your career, our courses are designed to help you develop the skills needed to take you to the next level. View short courses ►