Five Tips for Professional Communicators
You know how difficult conversations should be approached and have the skills that make you a really great communicator.
There’s always room to learn more so below you’ll find some top tips and content to help you develop your professional people skills.
Five top tips
- Be prepared to challenge you own assumptions – beware of prejudging situations
- See handling difficult conversations as an opportunity for personal development
- Treat each situation as a learning experience. Reflect on your successes and failures and learn from them
- Hone your questioning skills - use open questions
- Remember the power of silence – wait for the other person to respond before jumping in with your own ideas.
Find out more
Handling difficult conversations
Counselling your colleagues
These are just some of the thousands of resources all CMI members have access to through ManagementDirect, our online management resource portal.
Not a CMI member?
Practical help whenever you need it; tools and techniques to save time and stress; new ways to enhance your professional reputation; qualifications that show the world you mean business - that's what CMI is all about.
And now, for a limited period, you can receive 20% off the membership fee. Just enter the promotional code DIFF in the payment section of the application form. Become a member now ►
Got a little longer?
Why not take a look at our range of short courses? Whatever stage you’re at in your career, our courses are designed to help you develop the skills needed to take you to the next level. View short courses ►