The Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals who are aspiring and practising managers within the police sector.
This qualification has been developed with Skills for Justice and is accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Supervise police investigations and investigators
- Supervise the response to critical incidents
- Conduct evidence based information briefings, tasking and debriefing
- Prepare for, monitor and maintain police investigators
- Provide leadership and management
- Manage team performance
- Manage personal and professional development
- Conduct performance reviews with individuals in policing
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of the Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to another qualification at the next level (e.g. from Level 4 to Level 5).
CMI EDUCATION PROVIDERS
Please click here if you are still providing and require information on our previous Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management (running until 30th Sept'16 - expires 30th Sept'19).