This qualification has been replaced with an updated version - The qualifications are accredited from 1st May 2010, which is their operational start date in Centres. The accreditation ends on 30th September 2016, and the final date for certification is 30th September 2019.
All other users – please see Level 5 Certificate in Police Management RQF
The Level 5 Certificate in Police Management is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals who are aspiring and practising managers within the police sector.
This qualification has been developed with Skills for Justice and is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Identify and manage operational threats and risks
- Manage own professional development within an organisation
- Develop and evaluate operational plans for own area of responsibility
- Provide leadership and direction for own area of responsibility
- Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Police Management , a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to another qualification at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 to Level 6)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager