This qualification has been replaced with an updated version - the information provided should only be used by Centres/tutors who had already signed students to this course prior to its withdrawal on 31st August 2014.
All other users – please see Level 6 in Management and Leadership QCF
Developed for middle managers aspiring to be senior management, the Level 6 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed to improve personal management capabilities through effective decision-making and strategic leadership.
The Level 6 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
Our Level 6 Award in Management and Leadership allows you to develop your knowledge of roles and responsibilities of a manager by focusing on specific skill areas.
A more extensive qualification, our Level 6 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of management skills while focusing on the specific areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
With a more comprehensive structure, our Level 6 Diploma in Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competencies you'll need to become the manager you want to be.
- Ethical organisational management
- Management systems and structures
- Managerial decision making
- Personal development as a strategic manager
- Being a strategic leader
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of a Level 6 qualification in Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 6 Award to Level 6 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 6 Certificate to Level 7 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Click here to access the syllabus Click here to access the fact sheet