The CMI SCQF Level 9 qualifications in Public Service Leadership are designed by the public sector for the public sector. It is aimed at developing professional managers within the public sector and encouraging them to work collaboratively.
The CMI SCQF Level 9 in Public Service Leadership is a qualification which has been designed with public sector organisations. It is aimed at developing professional managers within the public sector and encouraging them to work more collaboratively within and across organisations. As well as incorporating a high level of participation, the programme aims to build individual confidence and professionalism and to develop leadership skills to provide better local services.
- Developing public service teams
- Collaborative public services project
- Managing organisational culture
- Strategic risk management
- Contributing to financial efficiency in public service
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of the CMI SCQF Level 9 in Public Service Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 9 Award to Level 9 Certificate etc.)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager