This qualification has been replaced with an updated version - The qualifications are accredited from 1st May 2010, which is their operational start date in Centres. The accreditation ends on 30th September 2016, and the final date for certification is 30th September 2019.
All other users – please see Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management QCF
The Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals who are aspiring and practising managers within the police sector.
This qualification has been developed with Skills for Justice and is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Conduct intelligence driven briefings, tasking and debriefing
- Prepare for, monitor and maintain law enforcement operations
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Manage personal development
- Supervise investigations and investigators
- Supervise the response to critical incidents.
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of the Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management , a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to another qualification at the next level (e.g. from Level 4 to Level 5).
Click here to access the syllabus Click here to access the fact sheet