Futures Market - Future proofing the marketing manager of 2014
Start Date: 22 May 2014
Start Time: 9:00 AM
End Time: 2:30 AM
Duration: -6 hour
Venue: University of Ulster, York Street Campus, Belfast, BT15 1ED › View map
Member price: Free
Non-member price: £20.00
Students price: Free
Event Capacity: Full
Investing to improve marketing thinking and practice in anticipation of a longer term return, is often seen as a speculative activity. However, as the tools of marketing change then the management of marketing must inevitably change too. As we move into an increasingly digitised world, this conference explores how marketing practices are changing and the extent to which the ways which aspiring marketing managers are trained, educated and developed is in tune with such change.
The conference questions how marketing managers can ensure the primacy of the marketing effort in their organisation at a time when independent research continues to show an increasing competency gap between the digital world and marketers knowledge. The conference presents various practical marketing contexts with senior executive speakers who share a broad understanding of marketing at home and abroad, online and offline, in very volatile times. The outcome of the day is to establish and disseminate an 'identi-kit' for the successful marketing manager of the future.
Questions explored by the conference speakers will include;
- In an increasingly global business world characterised by volatility and uncertainty how can marketers continue to create and capitalise on opportunity?
- In what ways can digital marketing add real value to various business contexts and is there a way this can be predicted?
- As the smart-phone in your pocket becomes the most powerful research device in history have we passed the point of having to ask customers their opinion?
- Are we educating and training marketing students in the right way - both in terms of what we teach and how we teach - is education's model of desired outcomes really helpful for practice?
- Should marketing managers be reinvented and what needs to happen to help managers demonstrate their value more explicitly in organisations?
- How many of the questions above can marketing managers of today answer comfortably?
The day includes lunch at the Ulster Business School's award winning Academy Restaurant finishing at 2.30pm.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Nick Read at email@example.com.