An Introduction to Using Social Media to Promote your Business
Start Date: 29 Oct 2014
Start Time: 8:30 AM
End Time: 10:30 AM
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Millenium Point, Birmingham, B4 7XG › View map
You are invited to attend the second in a series of seminars targeted at SMEs that Birmingham City University has been developing in association with various Professional Bodies, including CMI. The second event, in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Marketing, focuses on the issues that SMEs face in relation to social media. The event is free to attend.
Date: 29th October 2014
Time: The event commences at 8.30 a.m. and will conclude at 10.30 a.m.
Venue: Millenium Point, Birmingham, B4 7XG
This event will be led by Ann Stanley, Managing Director of Annica.
This workshop is designed for companies that are new to social media, or may be “playing” with one social media platform but do not have a proper strategy or integrated approach.
We will explain how to use your time wisely in order to maximise the effectiveness of social media marketing to generate direct traffic to your website or indirectly via improvements in your search engine optimisation (SEO).
We will also touch upon how you can start to use social media as a customer service and community building tool.
- Understanding POEM – Paid, Owned and Earned Media
- How you can use social media to develop your business
- As part of a content marketing and SEO strategy
- To develop a community and engagement
- For customer service and reputation management
- What are your objectives and which approach is best?
- Planning and set-up of accounts/profiles, tools etc
- What are you going to say - content creation, blogging, news etc?
- Understanding the key Social platforms and other methods of engagement
- B2B – LinkedIn
- B2C – Facebook
- Video and Imaged based platforms
- Feedback & recommendations and User generated content - social bookmarks, reviews, testimonials etc
- Measuring and monitoring – site traffic, campaign performance, reputation management etc
- Integrated strategy - how to combine social marketing with other digital marketing activities
Refreshments will be served
If you would like to book a place, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org