Change and Risk Management
Start Date: 23 Nov 2015
Start Time: 12:45 PM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Duration: 3 hours 45 minutes
Venue: CMI, 3rd Floor, 77 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6SR › View map
Member price: £120
Non-member price: £180
Event Partner price ?: £120
Event Capacity: Full
This is a three hour foundation level workshop with input and interactive sessions, organised by the Institute of Consulting London & South East Network.
It will be of value to consultants, managers and advisers and useful to those considering or actually undertaking the CMI's qualifications in professional consulting. A number of models, including the consultancy cycle and change and risk models will be used, plus exercises to identify organisational problems and delegates' change management skills.
This workshop will cover :
Change and Change Management:
- The causes of change and why organisations need to change
- Change management models
- The process and the key players
- Some well-known management change theories
- Coping with resistance
- Change as a project and a route map
Risk and its Management:
- The risk appetite
- Risk assessment and analysis
- Risk matrix
- Risk management models and basic steps
- Risk registers
- Risk and project management
- The 7 rules of risk communication
The session will include practical case study syndicate work - A case study will be sent to delegates to study before the event as this will be used in the session.
By the end of the workshop, delegates should be able to :
- Understand the basics of change and of risk management
- Deal with resistance to change
- Relate theory to practice
- Identify possible areas needing change
- Plan change projects identifying and dealing with risks
- Plan a change programme and produce a risk register.
Tony Lavender is an accomplished facilitator and presenter with extensive experience in all aspects of consultancy.
With an MBA from Aston University, Tony pursued a successful early naval career and was awarded the Reserve Decoration by HM The Queen for services to the Royal Naval Reserves.
He then became a civil servant, roles including Senior Internal Management Consultant for the Ministry of Defence and Deputy Director, Civil Service College, responsible for consultancy training.
Currently, he is Director of Consultancy and Development International which provides consultancy and training in 17 countries mainly in the public sector, including major change programmes in the UK MoD and in Tanzania and Thailand, and is a Registered and Recognised Centre with the CMI for consultancy training.
Tony had special responsibility for the Chartered Management Consultant project.
1:30pm preceded by lunch from 12:45pm.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Veronika Weisweiller at email@example.com or by telephone on 07956 556394 .