Start Date: 30 Nov 2015
Start Time: 12:45 PM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Duration: 3 hours 45 minutes
Venue: CMI, 3rd Floor, 77 Kingsway , London, WC2B 6SR › View map
Member price: £120.00
Non-member price: £180.00
Event Partner price ?: £120.00
Event Capacity: Full
The session will cover:
- What is knowledge & how is it different from information?
- What is a knowledge asset?
- What is a knowledge risk?
- What is knowledge management (KM) and why does it matter to the consultant/adviser/manager?
- KM principles
- KM tools and techniques.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- Understand what knowledge management (KM) is and how it can enhance capability and performance
- Understand the different types of knowledge assets and how to identify them
- Understand the four main knowledge risks faced by organisations and how they impact on effectiveness
- Understand how to apply KM principles to consultancy and management
- Have practised some KM techniques and understand how to apply them
- Take away a KM toolkit – and know where to go for further information and resources.
Rose Atkinson 2
Rose has many years’ senior management experience in the UK central government, latterly as Assistant Director for Knowledge and Information Management at the Cabinet Office, where she was employed from 2000-2015. Prior to that she worked at the Home Office and for the Department of Employment. A Knowledge and Information Management specialist for the last 9 years, Rose’s career portfolio also includes internal consultancy, corporate governance, operations, and business change. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Consulting and holds the CMI Certificate in Management Consulting Essentials. Rose is an experienced speaker on knowledge management and since 2010 she has designed and delivered training to consultants and senior public officials from 20 countries, including as part of a UK study programme for the Office of the Tanzanian President. In May this year Rose set up Know-How Development, a consultancy helping organisations use their knowledge assets to improve performance and capability.
The event commences at 1.30pm but will be preceded by lunch from 12.45pm.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Networks Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01536 207394.