What are they saying? How enhanced communication skills deliver better results
Start Date: 20 Apr 2016
Start Time: 5:00 PM
End Time: 7:00 PM
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: University of South Wales (ATRiuM Building) , The Zen Room (Ropom CAB403 - 4th Floor), 86-88 Adam Street, Cardiff, CF24 2FN › View map
CMI Cymru are pleased to announce a series of events with the University of South Wales.
On Wednesday 20th April 2016 we are joined by Laura Evans from Unleash Your Potential as we explore how improved communication skills can help you get better results. Building rapport is the basis of all communication; rapport and being flexible in your communication is a winning business formula!
Please arrive at The Zen Room (Room CAB403 - 4th Floor) at 5pm for the 5.30pm start, this will give you the opportunity to network and enjoy refreshments.
We'll be covering:
• Introduction to communication – did you know only 7% of communication is the words you use?
• How the mind processes information that is coming in via all our senses (sight, hearing etc), and how it sometimes leads to misunderstandings (you mind has to filter out information in order to cope, understand how it does this, and how this can sometimes be the root of misunderstandings)
• How changing your thinking and taking 100% responsibility for your communication is one of the keys to improving communication to improve business - understand why this is so important if you want to be an excellent communicator and influencer
• How rapport is the basis of all communication, it greases the wheels of communication so that you can help others understand what you are trying to say. Learn how to build rapport with anyone (even people you don’t like!)
• How different people use different levels of abstraction in their language (e.g. detail to big picture). Learn how to be flexible in your language so that you can adapt your communication with others
• Are you a literal or inferential speaker/listener? - Laura will share a couple of questions that will help you decide and then we’ll explore why understanding this will help you be more effective in communication
• Laura’s winning communication formula
The session will be fun, interactive, and full of practical takeaways that you can put into practice in your workplace or business straight away to enhance your communication skills and therefore your results. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP or communication skills, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn!
The workshop will conclude at 7pm with time for more networking and general chit chat.