Presenting With Impact - A CMI Cymru Event
Start Date: 15 Sep 2016
Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Time: 10:00 AM
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Talent Lab, Innovation House Wales 1 Business Park, Magor, NP26 3DG › View map
CMI Cymru are pleased to be running a series of Breakfast workshops in association with Monmouthshire County Council's Talent Lab.
Many people’s number one fear is Public Speaking (death being number two.) This fun and interactive session is your chance to learn some tips and tools from the NLP toolkit to help you lift your presentations to a new level. You’ll learn what NLP is (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you better manage your emotions in the context of presenting, better engage your audiences and provides tools to help you more effectively present through a better understand of how our minds actually work.
During this session you’ll learn:
- How to format a presentation or talk so it appeals to everyone
- How to reduce the need for you to bury your head in your notes
- Why most people sabotage their presentations, how to avoid common pitfalls and what to do instead
- How to help get your mindset in the right place before you even start talking
- How to stand when speaking to an audience (and understand why pacing up and down your stage confuses your audience and is a big no-no!)
- You’ll gain an appreciation of the internationally accepted non-verbal gestures (Satir Categories) which will enhance your presentation (and not detract from them - like flappy hands do!)
- You’ll be introduced to spatial anchoring – did you know that emotions can be anchored to a location on stage? – know when to do this, how we can do this through storytelling and why I always avoid using lecterns when talking on stage
It’ll be fun, interactive, and full of practical takeaways that you can put into practice in your business straight away. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP, presenting or communication skills, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn!
About the speaker:
After 15 years in HR and Training roles in corporate life, Laura Evans decided to follow her passion of how the mind works, empowering people & helping them unleash their potential. She started studying NLP in 2008 is a Master NLP Coach and International Trainer of NLP – running NLP & NLP Coaching courses across the UK. A chartered member of the CIPD, Laura’s also a qualified ILM level 7 Executive Coach and has a number of Business Coaching & Corporate Training Clients across public and private sectors.
Laura used to fear presenting in front of groups – she was very familiar with the cold sweats, knocking knees, feeling sick and frequent trips to the ladies! Laura used a number of personal change techniques such as the NLP Swish pattern technique on the NLP Practitioner course to remove her fear of presenting. With all the other NLP tools as her disposal she was amazed at how quickly and easily she could change things that had held her back for years, and saw astonishing results! She brings a sense of fun, energy and passion to her workshops – “she is one of the [NLP] industry’s rising stars!” and gets rave reviews from delegates her talks.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Networks Support at Networks.Support@managers.org.uk or by telephone on 015360 207394.