What are they saying?! How enhanced communication skills deliver better results
Start Date: 07 Dec 2017
Start Time: 5:00 PM
End Time: 7:00 PM
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Bridgend College - Ogmore Suite Queens Road , Bridgend , CF31 3UR › View map
This event starts at 5pm with time for refreshments and an opportunity to network.
Our speaker will take to the floor at 1730 to 1900.
In this packed 90 minute presentation, we'll be covering:
- Introduction to communication – did you know only 7% of communication is the words you use?
- How the mind processes information that is coming in via all our senses (sight, hearing etc), and how it sometimes leads to misunderstandings (you mind has to filter out information in order to cope, understand how it does this, and how this can sometimes be the root of misunderstandings)
- How changing your thinking and taking 100% responsibility for your communication is one of the keys to improving communication to improve business - understand why this is so important if you want to be an excellent communicator and influencer
- How rapport is the basis of all communication, it greases the wheels of communication so that you can help others understand what you are trying to say. Learn how to build rapport with anyone (even people you don’t like!)
- How different people use different levels of abstraction in their language (e.g. detail to big picture). Learn how to be flexible in your language so that you can adapt your communication with others
- Are you a literal or inferential speaker/listener? - Laura will share a couple of questions that will help you decide and then we’ll explore why understanding this will help you be more effective in communication
- Laura’s winning communication formula
The session will be fun, interactive, and full of practical takeaways that you can put into practice in your workplace or business straight away to enhance your communication skills and therefore your results. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP or communication skills, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn!
Questions about this event should be addressed to Network Support at email@example.com or by telephone on 01536 207394.