Presenting With Impact
Start Date: 02 Feb 2017
Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Time: 10:00 AM
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Parc Y Scarlets, Phil Bennett Room, 3rd Floor, Parc Pemberton, Llanelli, SA14 9UZ › View map
Maybe you’d like to learn some tools to make public speaking easier? Perhaps you’d like some tips to better handle nerves? Maybe you’d like to learn a format that will enable you to structure your talk so that it appeals to everyone? Maybe you’d like to learn why pacing up and down your stage will confuse your audience (and what to do instead)?
This 90 min practical session will focus on learning skills from the NLP toolkit which we can use immediately to transform the way we present so we can impart our message more effectively. You’ll learn what NLP is (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you better manage your emotions in the context of presenting, better engage your audiences and provides tools to help you more effectively present through a better understand of how our minds actually work.
During this session you’ll learn:
- How to format a presentation or talk so it appeals to everyone (using the 4-Mat system) and how this system reduces the need for you to bury your head in your notes!
- Learn why most people sabotage their presentations and learn how to avoid common pitfalls (and what to do instead)
- Develop tips to help get your mindset in the right place before you even start talking
- Learn how to stand when speaking to an audience (and understand why pacing up and down your stage confuses your audience and is a big no-no!)
- You’ll gain an appreciation of the internationally accepted non-verbal gestures (Satir Categories) which will enhance your presentation (and not detract from them - like flappy hands do!)
- You’ll be introduced to spatial anchoring – did you know that emotions can be anchored to a location on stage? – know when to do this, how we can do this through story telling and why I always avoid using lecterns when talking on stage
It’ll be fun, interactive, and full of practical takeaways that you can put into practice in your business straight away. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP, presenting or communication skills, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn!
After 15 years in HR and Training roles in corporate life, Laura Evans decided to follow her passion of how the mind works, empowering people & helping them unleash their potential. She started studying NLP in 2008 is a Master NLP Coach and International Trainer of NLP – running NLP & NLP Coaching courses across the UK. A chartered member of the CIPD, Laura’s also a qualified ILM level 7 Executive Coach and has a number of Business Coaching & Corporate Training Clients across public and private sectors.
When it comes to NLP & presenting, Laura used to fear presenting in front of groups – she was very familiar with the cold sweats, knocking knees, feeling sick and frequent trips to the ladies! Laura used a number of personal change techniques such as the NLP Swish pattern technique on the NLP Practitioner course to remove her fear of presenting. With all the other NLP tools as her disposal she was amazed at how quickly and easily she could change things that had held her back for years, and saw astonishing results! She brings a sense of fun, energy and passion to her workshops – “she is one of the [NLP] industry’s rising stars!” and gets rave reviews from delegates her talks.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Networks Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01536 207394.