Change and Risk Management
Start Date: 23 Mar 2017
Start Time: 12:45 PM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Duration: 3 hours 45 minutes
Venue: CMI, 3rd Floor, 77 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6SR › View map
Member price: £120.00
Non-member price: £180.00
Event Partner price ?: £120.00
Event Capacity: Full
This is a three-hour interactive workshop introducing some core models and tools for you to put in to action immediately. It will be of value to consultants, managers and advisers and useful to those considering or actually undertaking the CMI's qualifications in management, particularly units 7010V1 and 7022V1.
The exact pitch of this workshop will be determined by the level of experience and knowledge of attendees as determined by a questionnaire circulated prior to the workshop. A thought provoking case study will be used to enhance understanding.
This session will cover:
- The business case for change
- The key change management mistakes to avoid
- Core change management models and approaches
- Stakeholder engagement and resistance to change
- Positive change management methodologies
- Managing in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, and ambiguous) environment
- Attitudes risks, risk assessments and key risk treatment approaches
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the core issues of change
- Understand successful approaches to effectively leading change
- Develop their own skills in managing change projects
- Describe actions to minimise resistance, engage and motivate people
- Consider positive and resource-based change methods
- Create a change plan including risk treatments
Click here to read more about the subject...
Eszter is the director of Formium Development a strength-based leadership and organisational development consultancy.
As a management and organisational development specialist, Eszter helps people, teams and organisations reach enhanced performance through identifying and harnessing their strengths.
Eszter’s areas of work include training, CMI-accredited leadership programmes, facilitation, organisational development and change management as well as team and executive coaching. According to clients, working with her is supportive and challenging but also enjoyable.
Eszter moved into learning and development (and the UK) 16 years ago, having previously run a Hungarian national charity and worked for central government in social policy. In her corporate career she has held a number of HRD roles, most recently as Head of Organisational Development. She holds an MBA, is a Chartered Manager and Fellow of the CMI and CIPD. In addition to her own consultancy, Eszter holds a number of non-executive directorships and has chaired two of the CMI London Networks.
Eszter’s particular interests involve the impact of positive psychology and strength-based approaches on individual and organisational success. She believes in continuously learning and keeping up-to-date with what research tells us works in practice.
1:30pm Workshop start, preceded by lunch from 12:45pm.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Networks Support at email@example.com or by telephone on 01536 207394.