Hive the Community for Modern Working
Start Date: 28 Mar 2017
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 1:30 PM
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Venue: Arriva Trains Wales, St David’s House, 5th Floor Wood Street, , Cardiff, CF10 1ES › View map
Hive, The Community for Modern Working returns later this month bringing together businesses from across Wales to explore today’s modern ways of working that will help transform your business and create a more engaged workforce
- 10:00am Refreshments and networking
- 10:30am Research: Perceptions of Modern Working Practices Modern working practice (MWP) is an umbrella term used to describe ways of which are different to the conventional full-time, nine-to-five, five-days-a-week working pattern. Research has shown that modern working practices provide economic and societal benefits to businesses and employees, but how do businesses in Wales perceive and implement MWP? What exactly are the impacts of MWP? And what would enable greater uptake of modern working throughout Wales? This research examines the key questions around modern working in Wales.
- 11:00am Interactive Workshop: Results Only Working Environment Join Dr Sophie Buchaillard, Founder of Creative Confidence Consulting to discover what a results-only management strategy could do for your business, and whether its general principles could help address the causes of women under representation in certain sectors. Already adopted by a broad range of organisations including GAP in the US, SpinWeb in the UK and now piloted by Chwarae Teg’s Achieve project, the “no results – no job” strategy focuses on employees being paid for results (output) rather than the number of hours worked. Sounds radical? Yet the same principles which underpin the approach are also found amongst freelancers, academics at research intensive universities and, to an extent, the self-employed. Together, we will explore what benefits and obstacles you perceive in your sectorwhich might have prevented this approach from being implemented more widely in Wales, and we will identify how its driving principles could support a more diverse workforce.
- 1:00pm Network members updates
- 1:30pm Lunch and Networking
Questions about this event should be addressed to Networks Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.