Dealing with disability within the Accountancy world
Start Date: 25 May 2017
Start Time: 6:30 PM
End Time: 9:15 PM
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Venue: University Brighton, Mithras House, Lewes Rd, , Brighton, BN2 4AT › View map
The University Brighton Business School in association with several local branches of professional associations (CIPD, ACCA, CIM, CIMA, CII, IFA, CMI, IOD, SESCA and the Law Society) will co-host two evening networking events a year with the following aims:
- Opportunities for cross sector networking & exchange of relevant sector information
- Share best business practice & provide for continuing professional development
During this session Mark will cover a number of different areas including:
- What is associated with when dealing with a disability, both physical and mental, within the Workplace.
- How does it affect those working with someone with autism.
- How you can improve awareness of autism/ disabilities within your workplace
- Current legislation including - The Equality Act 2010 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995
(2 hour CPD certified)
6.30 - 7.05 Registration and networking with (tea/coffee and nibbles)
7.05 - 7.10 Welcome by Professor Aidan Berry (Director of Brighton Business School)
7.10 - 7.15 Speaker introductions by ACCA
7.15 - 8.00 Presentation: Mark Bushby, FCCA - Dealing with disability within the Accountancy world
8.00 - 8.10 Q&A and Closing notices
8.10 - 9.10 Buffet networking reception
9.10 - 9.15 Depart
Mark Bushby is a Chartered Certified Accountant, with over 25 years’ experience in industry and education. He now runs his own Training and Consultancy business. He was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome in 2012. Mark is now involved in a number of areas to improve Autism Awareness. In addition to Autism Sussex, he also sits on the West Sussex Autism Planning Group, and also runs an Asperger’s Self Advocacy Group. Mark also gives training to improve knowledge on Autism.
- Refreshments provided
Questions about this event should be addressed to Network Support at email@example.com.