Fed up of waiting for somebody else to do something?
Start Date: 24 Mar 2018
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 3:00 PM
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Newbury College, Room 106, Monks Lane Campus, Newbury, Berks, RG14 7TD › View map
People appreciate their membership for many reasons. For some people, it goes beyond simply having letters after their name. They enjoy the chance to give something back; Helping young managers become better leaders; Creating a better society through ‘better led and managed organisations’.
If that description applies to you, then you will enjoy a weekend activity that we are running in Newbury on Saturday 24th of March. It is primarily intended for members who would like to join our growing band of volunteers within the region. You don’t have to decide before you turn up – there is no commitment. If you do decide you would like to help out from time-to-time, it will always be on your terms and doing something that you find rewarding.
Subjects to be covered will include:
- Our Charter, our aims and strategy for promoting them for the benefit of society
- The structure of the profession and why the CMI is at the core of creating better led and managed organisations
- The role of the Board in delivering the strategy
- The structure and influence of the CMI ‘central’ – the staff and executive board
- Career support available to all members
- Additional support available to volunteers
- Current activities, projects and strategic initiatives
- Your role in the volunteer cadre – a chance to make a difference
Places are limited to ensure that the event stays interactive and friendly. Despite the small number of participants, this will be an excellent opportunity to network – it will include people at all stages of their management careers from student Affiliates right through to experienced and senior business leaders.
- Disabled access
- Refreshments provided
Questions about this event should be addressed to Network Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01536 207394.