The CMI Eastern Regional Board currently has vacancies in several areas including active Board Members, so if you’re an existing CMI or Institute of Consulting (IoC) member who would like to play a role in regional activity, please get in touch.
We also have opportunities for non–CMI members to join us as co-opted board members.
The Eastern Regional Board consists of a highly experienced and enthusiastic group of professionals from a variety of industries and sectors who are all committed to implementing CMI strategy locally by supporting events, providing advice and mentoring activities.
Board meetings are held approximately four times a year, including a strategy-planning meeting in January every year; the initial term of office is 2 years. Board Members are expected to identify opportunities to engage with CMI members and the local business and academic community, plan and deliver interventions and events relating to their role and areas of experience and expertise.
We currently have three Board Member vacancies namely:
• Social Media Champion – responsible for populating and developing the Eastern Board’s content for regional pages, LinkedIn and implementing new social media opportunities
• Diversity and Inclusiveness Champion - CMI Women and newly launched Diversity initiative need to be rolled out across the region, the role would suit someone who has championed the development of women and diverse groups, challenged the gender pay gap and has a passion for making a difference.
• Networks Champion – We have around 7500 members distributed across a large area; Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridge and Hertfordshire. We are looking to a robust Network Champion to recruit and manage a team of local CMI and IoC volunteers who can be our ‘feet on the ground’ and will be encouraged to run local events and meetings in their part of the region.
We have further opportunities to support our Board, these are:
• Co-Opted Board Members – the Board can also bring on subject matter experts, not necessarily CMI and IoC members, who can support the Board with specific skills; we currently have co-opted members who are passionate about Leadership and Productivity.
• Student Ambassadors – we are currently recruiting Student Ambassadors. Student Ambassadors attend Board meetings and are our conduit between the Regional voice of the CMI and the HE establishments we partner with. These roles offer valuable experience in governance and implementing strategic imperatives, event organisation and team working.
All roles are voluntary, they are fully supported by CMI Central (Corby and London) and provide an opportunity to work with the CMI board in running events (both large and small) promoting the benefits of CMI and engaging with our members. Expenses are covered and annual member engagement events offer further networking and CPD opportunities.
If you require further information, please contact our Chair, Loreen Macklin. If you are interested in being considered for a role please send your CV and a covering letter, identifying the role you are interested in to Network Support.