Rate the articles
Welcome to the CMI Management Articles of the Year
This initiative encourages and recognises relevant, accessible academic writing and by bringing it to the attention of practising managers ensures that management knowledge from academics reaches a wider audience. Our aim is to recognise and celebrate the best management articles from UK business schools.
As a CMI member you are well-placed to judge what is of practical value. We are offering you the opportunity to read, rate and comment on the articles online via CMI’s portal.
CMI members can read, rate and review the latest submissions. Access using the Management Articles link to the right (you'll need to be logged in for the link to appear).
Our final call for reviews closes on 23rd october 2015.
A selection of the highest rated articles will be added to CMI’s collection of the Management Articles of the Year that will made available online via CMI’s website and the British Library’s Management & Business Studies Portal.
Join our Practitioner Member Panel
- Access the best, most relevant and newest thinking coming out of our universities from a practitioner perspective
- Have your say in the definitive review of research writing aimed at practicing managers that uniquely is judged by practising managers
- Raise your profile in our community of managers
- Help universities improve the relevance of research into management topics by providing feedback
- Help shape the research agenda.
Reviewing an article should not be an onerous task. The articles are short (approximately 2,500 words) and we would expect your assessment to be no longer than 200 words.
We are looking for practising CMI members who are prepared to:
- Provide unbiased, impartial assessments
- Follow the review guidelines (see below)
- Commit to assessing at least one article every 8 weeks
Find out more
If you are interested, would like to know more, and feel you meet the criteria please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to read the latest submissions. You are invited to find out more about membership of the CMI.
Guidance for reviewers of CMI Management Articles
Please write a short review (about 200 words) on the usefulness of this article to a practising manager.
Please take into account the following questions:
- Does this article provide insights that could be put into practice in a business or work place?
- Would this article engage and motivate a practising manager?
- Would this article support the professional development of the individual manager?
- Are the ideas developed in the article clearly expressed and well argued?
- Is the article written in a style that is accessible for an audience of practising managers?
When you rate the articles from one star to five stars, please apply the following scale:
- One star: one to avoid
- Two stars: not very useful
- Three stars: useful in part
- Four stars: very useful
- Five stars: a recommendation