Management Insights - CMI Research in 2018
Management and leadership is changing. Our research is about helping managers understand how – and what they can do to improve performance and productivity. From our work identifying the trust gap between middle managers and senior leaders, to our series on higher education, employability and new Apprenticeships, all our recent papers can be downloaded via the pages below.
In 2017-18, we’re focusing on five key themes.
- Productivity – making the case for investment in management and leadership by showcasing excellence in line management.
- Inclusivity and Diversity – the foundation for good management, we’re supporting CMI Women and looking and race and ethnicity in the FTSE100.
- Middle Management – critical to building trust in organisations, we’ll be celebrating the value of middle management.
- Employability and young people – from campaigning for a school-to-work agenda to work with our HE partners on innovations to improve student experience and employability.
- Apprenticeships – building awareness and understanding of the new Trailblazer apprenticeships and the value of Chartered status in key sectors.
Whether as an individual or organisation, there are numerous ways to help shape CMI’s research.
Every CMI member is invited to take part in our regular surveys and we often seek input through our social media channels, like the CMI LinkedIn group.
Plus, we’re always interested in hearing about examples of good management and leadership or potential partners on specific projects. If you’d like to share your story, or if you’d like to partner with CMI, email firstname.lastname@example.org