Aimed at anyone who manages a team within an organisation.
Using a combination of action-oriented checklists and handy short summaries of the ideas of seminal thinkers on the use of power, personnel management, change management and the learning organisation, it will guide you through the basics of the Human Resources (HR) processes that a line manager needs to understand. As well as covering topics ranging from recruitment through to talent management and succession planning, this comprehensive handbook will also introduce you to the fundamentals of employee relations, including practical guidance on how to work successfully with your HR department, and show how to develop organisation policies on topics such as flexible working and email and internet use.
This guide covers a range of topics:
- Planning the recruitment process
- Managing staff turnover and retention
- Using 360 degree feedback
- Evaluating training and learning
- Succession planning
- Understanding organisational culture
- Managing creativity
- Redundancy: managing the survivors
- Enabling work-life balance