The Financial Times Guides - Management
Click here to view our full range of Books covering a wide area of management topics.
By Ann Francke, CEO CMI
From motivating a team and developing star talent to controlling budgets and fostering innovation, The Financial Times Guide to Management is your authoritative guide to becoming an effective manager.
Full of practical tips and advice, this definitive handbook offers solutions to the everyday challenges of:
- Managing yourself
- Developing communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Managing others
- Setting strategic direction
- Managing change
- Managing money, resources and technology
There is also on-the-ground advice from the executive frontline, with insights from leaders including Paul Polman (CEO, Unilever), Steve Marshall (Chairman, Balfour Beatty) and Cilla Snowball (Chairman and CEO, AMV BBDO).
Whether you’re a new team leader or an experienced director, this book contains everything you need to know to become an outstanding manager.
- Balanced: Provides an essential overview of the thinking of the most important management gurus in addition to agnostic and practical information on management best practice.
- Comprehensive: Covers the full spectrum of management skills, including managing others, managing change, managing stakeholders, managing budgets and resources, creating business strategy and executing plans.
- Accessible: Each chapter is summarised with a ‘speed read’ containing the author’s top tips, pitfalls and takeaways