CMI Signs Armed Forces Covenant and Supports Families Skills Development
22 November 2016
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) has signed the Armed Forces Covenant, committing to uphold the principles of the Covenant and giving family members of Service personnel who are CMI members greater access to civilian skills and career development.
The agreement extends to family members the career support that serving and former members of the Armed Forces currently receive through the partnership with CMI to develop management and leadership skills. This includes access to professional qualifications, CV help and interview advice, and CMI’s online learning portal ManagementDirect. Children (aged 16-18) will also receive support in their studies to gain professional skills and qualifications to boost their employability.
CMI is the professional body for the leadership and management profession, and has supported the Armed Forces for many years in accrediting and developing management and leader skills in serving personnel. In the past three years, CMI helped 21,205 Armed Forces personnel through accrediting their management skills.
Chief Executive Ann Francke signed the Armed Forces Covenant on behalf of CMI, witnessed by Lt Gen. Richard Nugee, Chief of Defence People.
Commenting, Lt Gen. Richard Nugee said:
“The families of our Service personnel are an important part of the Covenant. We value and are grateful to them – the unsung heroes who support our Armed Forces. Knowing that the nation, and organisations like the Chartered Management Institute recognises this is extremely important and fundamental in making the Armed Forces Covenant work.”
Commenting, Ann Francke said:
“We’re proud to sign the Armed Forces Covenant, and helping families of the heroic men and women who serve our country get the support they need to develop their careers. Thousands of members of the Armed Forces who have gained CMI-accredited qualifications have benefited from improved performance in their roles, as well as from building confidence and gaining qualifications to help them resettle into civilian life at the end of their military career. Now, their families also have the chance to develop their own skills and qualifications.”
For more information on the Family Membership offer visit: http://www.managers.org.uk/family-membership
For information on the Armed Forces Covenant visit: http://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/
For further information please contact:
Tristan Garrick, Head of PR & Campaigns, CMI
Tel. 020 7421 2705
- The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the only chartered professional body for management and leadership, dedicated to improving managers’ skills and growing the number of qualified managers.
- Our professional management qualifications span GCSE to PhD equivalent levels, including the unique Chartered Manager award, which increases earnings potential and improves workplace performance.
- We provide employers and individual managers with access to the latest management thinking and with practical online support which helps them embrace change, create high performing teams and keep ahead of the curve.
- With a member community of 145,000+ managers and leaders, we promote high standards of ethical practice through our Professional Code of Conduct, and help managers build their expertise through online networks, regional events and mentoring opportunities.
- Visit www.managers.org.uk for more information, or follow us @cmi_managers @cmi_ceo