Developing Successful Teams
Start Date: 15 Apr 2015
Start Time: 12:45 PM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Duration: 3 hours 45 minutes
Venue: CMI (South Bank Room), 2 Savoy Court, London, WC2R 0EZ › View map
Member price: £120.00
Non-member price: £180.00
Event Partner price ?: £120.00
Event Capacity: Full
The ability to lead a team to deliver excellent performance is crucial in today’s fast changing business environment. This is the case regardless of whether you have formal management responsibility or authority over the team, or if you are providing consultancy or advice to a clients’ project board or implementation team.
This is a three hour interactive workshop introducing some core models and principles for you to put in to action immediately. It will be of value to consultants, managers and advisers and useful to those considering or actually undertaking the CMI's qualifications in management, particular unit 5003V1.
The exact pitch of this workshop will be determined by the level of experience and knowledge of attendees as determined by a questionnaire circulated prior to the workshop.
This session will cover:
- The importance of team development and effective team behaviours
- An overview of team development principles and models
- Understanding roles and dynamics within teams
- How to get the best from your team, individual and collective contribution
- Leadership behaviours that support excellence in teams
- Motivational principles, including the importance of communicating a clear vision and purpose
- The qualities and behaviours of successful teams
- How highly effective teams communicate.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- Understand the core issues of team development and team performance
- Develop their own skills in team leadership
- Be able to establish team practices that support excellent performance
- Have an action plan to implement in their own management or consultancy practice.
Eszter is the director of Formium Development a strength-based leadership and organisational development consultancy.
As a management and organisational development specialist, Eszter helps people, teams and organisations reach enhanced performance through identifying and harnessing their strengths.
Eszter’s areas of work include training, CMI-accredited leadership programmes, facilitation, organisational development and change management as well as team and executive coaching. According to clients, working with her is supportive and challenging but also enjoyable.
Eszter moved into learning and development (and the UK) 16 years ago, having previously run a Hungarian national charity and worked for central government in social policy. In her corporate career she has held a number of HRD roles, most recently as Head of Organisational Development. She holds an MBA, is a Chartered Manager and Fellow of the CMI and CIPD. In addition to her own consultancy, Eszter holds a number of non-executive directorships and has chaired two of the CMI London Networks.
Eszter’s particular interests involve the impact of positive psychology and strength-based approaches on individual and organisational success. She believes in continuously learning and keeping up-to-date with what research tells us works in practice.
The event will be preceded by lunch from 12.45pm. The event itself will run from 1.30pm until approximately 4.30pm.
Members of BCS and the Richmond Group should select the "Partner" ticket type.
Questions about this event should be addressed to Veronika Weisweiller at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07956 556394.