We've made some great progress on the setting up of our local network in the North East. Thanks to the 144 of you who responded to our survey letting us know everything we needed from how often you want to meet to the range of topics you'd like networking events to cover. The results told us:
- your preference would be to meet quarterly but a bit more frequent would work for lots of people too
- while Newcastle city centre was the most selected location, there is high demand for events in the Durham, Sunderland, Teeside and Northumberland areas
- most of our members would like events to cover leadership, managing people, coaching, and diversity but we also had some great requests for other topics including entrepreneurship, public speaking, strategy and social enterprise
- email was seen as the best way to share updates with everyone
- we also had a huge 74 of you expressing an interest in helping to organise events or to speak at them which is fantastic.
The first planning meeting with a small number of volunteers was chaired by Wendy Benson on Thurs 19th April at the Ramside Hotel in Durham. The group looked at the purpose of the network and what we would want it to achieve, potential venues to get our events up and running, and which topics to cover first based on the survey results and your requests. We're working on getting our first event booked in for mid-June on the topic of 'Organisation Change - Leadership and Culture' and kicking this off in Durham. We'll then schedule events to run every 3 months or so and rotate them around all the areas of the region that you've asked for. You'll see the details of these in our email newsletters and we'll provide a write up after each event for anyone who can't attend.
Thanks to everyone who's been involved so far and volunteered their time to make this happen. We'll look forward to meeting you in person at one of our events and please do get in touch if you'd like to get involved, want to know a bit more or have any other ideas and suggestions.