Who can win?
The Gold Medal has been awarded by the CMI for over 35 years and is open to nominees Invitation.
2017 Winner – Sir Charlie Mayfield, Chairman of the John Lewis Partnership
What's in it for the winner?
The winner will receive the Gold Medal award in Spring 2019.
Furthermore articles will be published in the CMI magazine Professional Manager, along with press releases celebrating the award of the medal. An opportunity to speak at the President’s Dinner will also be available.
How do I nominate?
It is important that the nomination is submitted without the knowledge of the nominee.
As CMI received many high quality nominations each year, it is important to complete the nomination form in as much detail as possible.
Gold Medal nominees with be assessed against five broad criteria:
- Purpose – a clear sense of purpose; strong values and integrity
- People - a track record of achieving results through people
- Potential - evidence of giving back to the wider management community, developing the next generation of leaders and building sustainable organisations
- Influence - recognised by their peers (i.e. fellow Companions) as significant leaders in the field of management.
- Contribution – contribution to CMI's mission to “increase the number and standard of professionally qualified managers”
Closing date for nominations Friday 23rd March 2018
Final Judging by Board of Companions in April 2018
Winner ratified by Board of Trustees in July 2018
Gold Medal will be awarded in Spring 2019