Level 3 in Principles of Management and Leadership – Launching September 2017
These qualifications are aimed at practising or aspiring managers will supervise or manage a team to achieve clearly defined outcomes. They will set and monitor goals and objectives by providing instruction, direction and guidance. Day to day operational and project activities are a key part of their role.
Providing an overview of the roles and responsibilities required for managers, the Award will develop the skills required for this level of responsibility.
The Certificate provides a broader knowledge of skills to help you be more effective in specific management areas, with increased focus on the areas that are most appropriate to your role and organisation.
The Diploma gives you a fully comprehensive bank of the skills and knowledge required to be a manager as part of an organisation, as well as the ability to apply your learning in the context of another organisation or industry sector.
- Principles of Management and Leadership
- Managing a Team to Achieve Results
- Building Stakeholder Relationships Using Effective Communication
- Contributing to the Delivery of a Project
- Managing Daily Activities to Achieve Results
- Managing Budgets and Resources
- Managing Data and Information
- Managing Own Personal and Professional Development
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of a Level 3 Qualification in Principles of Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 3 Award to Level 3 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 3 Certificate to Level 4 or 5 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Learners who are aspiring to a management role may progress to roles such as:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Manager
Click here to access the syllabus
Click here to access the fact sheet