Chartered Manager of the Year

Celebrating the stars of management and leadership

The Chartered Manager of the Year award recognises and celebrates the outstanding achievements and contribution Chartered Managers bring to their workplace and to their own personal development.

Nominations for our 2021 Awards are now open

Congratulations to this year’s winner…

Manisha Mistry
Manisha Mistry, CMgr MCMI

Head of Digital Culture, Rolls-Royce

Manisha was chosen as this year’s winner as her story is an inspiring example to so many other managers and leaders. Beyond the exceptional results and impact delivered, Manisha's challenge took her out of her comfort zone, and while she suffered a little initially from imposter syndrome, her self confidence and awareness grew hugely through her experience of developing digital culture at Rolls-Royce - two of the most important facets of any successful manager.

To win this prestigious award has left me speechless! For my achievements to be recognised by the Chartered Management Institute via this award re-confirms the effort was absolutely worth it and the outcomes are a testament to the power of enabling others.

Become the next Chartered Manager of the Year

Is this you...

The Chartered Manager of the Year Award recognises outstanding achievement and contribution from our Chartered Managers. Do you demonstrate commitment to your personal and professional development and demonstrate a high level of progression in your programme?

The Chartered Manager of the Year could be making a positive impact through:

• Environmental contribution
  • Considerable resilience
  • Cultural change
  • Outstanding leadership
  • Significant added value
  • Creativity and innovation

Does this sound like you or one of your team? Submit your nomination today.

Nominate YourselfNominate Someone Else
Terms & ConditionsEntrant's Criteria 2021

Event Timeline
6th October 2020 Nominations open
1st March 2021 Competition closes
5th April 2021 Shortlist announced
May 2021 Winner announced

This year’s honourable mention…

Dalton was awarded with an honourable mention as he was instrumental in delivering significant organisational, cultural and performance transformation. His commitment to an ethical and transparent approach is an example that all leaders should aim to follow. Dalton’s determination to realise his vision presented itself strongly, and he is a testament to the value of Chartered Manager right across the spectrum of managerial and leadership roles.

I feel honoured and proud to be receiving an honourable mention. Being the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession demonstrates a real commitment to wanting to be the best leader I can be, regardless of what role I am in.

profile-square-dalton-leong
Dalton Leong, CMgr CCMI

Chief Executive, The Children's Trust

Our 2020 Shortlisted Entries

We would like to congratulate all of our shortlisted entries this year, the standard was exceptional and it is great to see such a commitment to management as a profession.

It’s amazing to be shortlisted! It’s as good as winning the award for me. I set myself high standards, and my Chartered status underpins that. It sets a benchmark and gives reassurance to clients or employers that I can deliver what I say I can.

Debbie Carless CMgr MCMI - Helpdesk and FM Systems Manager, Solent University

I am extremely pleased to be recognised. It’s a great honour to have been shortlisted and a good opportunity to showcase my skills. It's a great way of demonstrating your capability and being recognised for your skills and experience.

Sarah Gardner CMgr FCMI - Projects and Improvements Manager, Coalo

I am thrilled and honoured to have been named as a finalist for the Chartered Manager of the Year award. It rates very highly in my list of career achievements. I believe it’s important as a senior manager to demonstrate formal qualifications in addition to on-the-job experience.

Jennifer Taylor CMgr MCMI - Apprenticeship and Student Programme Leader, IBM

It is gratifying that my work has been recognised through selection as a finalist for the Chartered Manager of the Year. I have intentionally aimed to apply good practices in leading and managing, and this achievement is an endorsement of that intention.

Grant Campbell CMgr FCMI - Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Huddersfield

As a Chartered Manager I have learnt to adapt my style and that a ‘one size’ approach does not fit all. I know from experience that emotions are contagious, so setting the right tone and providing staff with confidence in my ability to listen and act upon their needs and concerns is important.

Paul Hughes CMgr MCMI - Officer Commanding 3 Wing, Australian Air Force Cadets

Being shortlisted is evidence that I take my CPD seriously and have undergone an evaluation on my capacity as a leader. Coming across CMI at a leadership event felt like a natural route for evaluating my role as a senior teacher. I signed up and have never looked back.

Richard Massey CMgr FCMI - Principal, Glengormley High School

Congratulations to our 2020 entrants

CMI is delighted to be able to recognise the outstanding level of leadership and performance of our Chartered Managers through the Chartered Manager of the Year award. I’d like to extend huge congratulations to this year’s winner, Manisha Mistry, and to Dalton Leong who receives an honourable mention, along with the other six excellent candidates shortlisted. I am proud to recognise your commitment to management as a profession and as advocates of the Institute’s values.

Manisha and all of the shortlisted candidates set an example of driving better organisational performance and improving the quality of the UK’s managers and leaders. It has been wonderful to see such diversity of people, sectors and roles and is a testament that good management is required at all levels across all industries. Achieving Chartered Manager status is a sign that you are at the leading edge of today’s management community, demonstrating a high level of leadership and performance, and are clearly committed to delivering real results for your organisation.

Ann Francke OBE CMgr CCMI FIC - CEO CMI
Ann Francke

The value of Chartered Managers

Chartered Managers make an essential economic contribution to the UK economy and businesses. In uncertain times, never has it been more important to ensure that all UK managers are professionally qualified to the highest level.

Download the infographic

Becoming a Chartered Manager was a personal aspiration as my previous highest qualifications were trade based. The new approaches to management I learnt through achieving Chartered status and then brought to my day to day role were reflected in increased remuneration from my company. Getting Chartered has been one of my career highlights.

Stuart Roberts CMgr - Associate Director, J B Fabrication (Wrexham) Ltd
infographicIcon-cmgr-1
Impact on Individuals

Average pay rise of a manager as a result of becoming Chartered

infographicIcon-cmgr-2
Impact on Businesses

Chartered Managers boost their business revenue by £62k each year and £310k over 5 years

infographicIcon-cmgr-3
Impact on Economy

Additional contribution to the UK economy every year from each manager becoming Chartered

Start your journey to Chartered Manager today..

Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, CMgr status can help you develop your leadership skills to become a more credible and confident leader.

Get in touch and take the next step in your professional career.

Get in touch