CMI Volunteer of the Year Award

Celebrating volunteering excellence

CMI's volunteers are incredible people, who are committed to supporting us to increase the number and standard of professionally qualified managers and leaders – and we're looking to celebrate all that they do.

Nominations for our 2021 Awards are now open

Congratulations to this year's winner...

Denise Skinner
Denise Skinner CMgr CCMI

Chair, CMI East Midlands & Eastern Regional Board

Denise is an inspiring leader who lives by the CMI values and code of conduct, and through her authentic leadership style, instils this in others.

She has given her time and expertise to the benefit of CMI across a whole range of initiatives and activities, and in many cases has been an innovator delivering a real and positive impact. Through her work she is inspiring the leaders, Chartered Managers and Companions of the future. There could be no better ambassador for CMI, its brand and vision.

I’m honoured and delighted to receive this award. For me, volunteering with the CMI has been a great way to actively contribute to the business community and to the development of the future leaders of our organisations. I have thoroughly enjoyed being involved and would encourage others to consider volunteering.

Become the next Volunteer of the Year

Is this you...

Do you hold a position on the CMI or IC Regional Board, Hub or other board and committee and have demonstrated CMI's values? Have you shown a high level of commitment, dedication, leadership and impact that has delivered against CMI's strategic objectives?

Then you could be our next Volunteer of the Year. Nominations for our 2021 Awards are now open for your to nominate yourself, or someone you feel deserves it, to be CMI's Volunteer of the Year 2020.

Nominate YourselfNominate Someone Else
Terms & ConditionsEntrant's Criteria 2021

Event Timeline
6th October 2020 Entries open
1st March 2021 Competition closes
15th March Shortlist announced
May 2021 Winner announced

Our 2020 Shortlisted Entries

Our four shortlisted candidates have made a huge impact to our volunteer community and we are proud to celebrate them.

Tom Doran
Tom Doran CMgr FCMI FIC

Northern Ireland Board

Reetu Kansal
Reetu Kansal CMgr FCMI

Future Leaders Panel

Corey Kemp
Corey Kemp

Student Amabassador

Jo Strain
Jo Strain FCMI

Southern Regional Board

Ann Francke

This is an opportunity to celebrate and thank our volunteers for all the work that they do which helps us to increase our activity and raise awareness of CMI in the community. I'd like to extend a very big personal thank you to CMI's volunteers from myself and my colleagues, but also from our members and partners - without you, CMI would not be the successful body it is.

Volunteering opportunities extend down from being President to a place on our Board of Trustees through to running a regional board. If you don't have time for such a big commitment why not get involved with mentoring, helping to organise an event, or even just posting out some social media messages for your Regional Board? Volunteers of all ages across various levels and sectors are key to ensure a rich mix of ideas and input.

Ann Francke OBE CMgr CCMI FIC - CEO CMI