Location: London/Hybrid (with occasional travel to the Corby office and external events)
Reports to: Digital Event Manager
Closing Date: 28th April 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
- Our events team live at the very heart of what we do. Spreading our key messages, engaging audiences, and promoting CMI’s thought-leadership through both virtual and in-person events. The Event Delivery Co-ordinator will be an integral part of key activities and projects, working alongside key stakeholders to deliver meaningful and impactful events.
- You will be responsible for different aspects of planning, managing, developing and delivering the production of a range of national, regional and international events and activities, including our national and regional conferences and award ceremonies: all with the aim of increasing member and non-member engagement
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- You will have a real passion for events both face to face and online
- A can-do attitude
- Calm, agile and able to cope with changing priorities
- Confident to ask questions – over the phone, email or face to face (as necessary)
- Good time management skills
- Strong collaboration skills, having the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders is essential
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.