Location: London with flexible & hybrid working
Reports to: Director of Policy and External Affairs
Closing Date: 13th June 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
CMI is seeking a Head of Analysis and Research who has the passion, sense of purpose and practical experience of rigorous data and other research design and implementation to help us as we seek to influence and impact some of the critical public challenges of our time.
Working closely with the Director of Policy and External Affairs, Head of Policy and Head of PR and Public Affairs you’ll establish priorities consistent with our directorate’s ambitious programme of thought leadership and influencing strategy and the CMI’s mission to develop highly qualified leaders and managers.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership for analysis and research, and set the agenda for this across CMI through implementing a clear roadmap for research, data and analysis as it relates to the organisational and Directorate strategies and KPIs. This includes our developing economic analysis capability.
- Anticipate and respond to the organisation’s tactical and strategic research needs producing timely research to engage critical stakeholders.
- Manage CMI’s original data assets such as our regular managers’ voice survey.
- Keep up to date with key developments in research and analysis – including innovations in research, data analysis and evaluation, and visualisation methods and tools.
- To lead on maintaining and developing an evolving network of key external research stakeholders and experts.
- Ensure the dissemination of high quality research outputs, including quality assurance role for all team research outputs.
- Oversee CMI’s research projects undertaken with external consultancies and in partnership.
- Work with the Head of Policy, to ensure CMI policy outputs are evidence based, rigorous and distinctive.
- Work with the Head of PR and Public Affairs to develop robust and accessible media content to support our campaigns and messaging including for dissemination through our social media channels.
- Take part in external-facing directorate activities including acting as a spokesperson, representing CMI at conferences and events thereby building your own profile and that of the team.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Proven track record in delivering complex and high profile programmes of research, particularly data, economics and statistics related research.
- Strong personal values for committed and collaborative leadership.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, and ability to critically appraise data.
- Advanced data analytics expertise, or experience of managing an analytics team.
- Exceptional storytelling skills to ensure that research and analysis outputs are clear, concise and linked to the strategic requirements.
- Influential and credible – capable of conveying the value of research, data and analytics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage a range of audiences.
- Management approach that values clarity, collaboration, team development and support.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of delivering a range of research outputs – for example research reports, articles, blogs and also digital data outputs.
- Sound knowledge of application of research ethics and data management.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.