Location: Corby with flexible and hybrid working available
Reports to: Head of HR
Salary: £42,000 plus great benefits
Closing Date: 18th February 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
We’re heading into a really exciting time in the HR team at CMI, and we’re looking for a development focused professional to support us through it. If you’re passionate about learning, love HR projects, have a keen eye for innovation and a forward thinker then this is the role for you.
*Please note this role is being advertised as a 12-month FTC*
- Contribute towards the HR strategy, and support the delivery of objectives
- Define, design, create and develop specialist content to support the life cycle of a colleague from hire to retire
- Ensure all initiatives are aligned to embed our vision, culture, and values
- Understand your audience, learners, and styles, therefore, all content to be adaptable
- Be comfortable with always looking for continuous improvement and action planning
- Draft proposal papers and analysis for the senior management team
- Scope and drive projects to improve the HR specialisms
- Confident in delivering and facilitating specialist sessions to all colleagues
- Support HR Budgeting cycle and ensure all costs are within budget
- Shape the HR Specialist job role as the function is going through change
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- To have a thorough understanding of HR specialisms
- Have an awareness of processes for an employee life cycle – hire to retire
- Happy to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in
- Comfortable with PDR (Plan, Do, Review) and RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consult, Inform) approach
- Must have attention to detail and a creative thinker
- Experience of project management
- Confident with L&D platforms and creating content for different styles of learners
- Happy to be adaptable and juggling several priorities at the same time
- Forward thinker to ensure initiatives are landed in the right way
- Experience in hybrid, blended and digital approaches
- Comfortable with Google work IT application
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.