Location: Remote with hybrid working available at Corby or London
Reports to: Head of Brand, Marketing and Social
Closing Date: 28th February 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
As the Internal Communications Manager, you’ll be working to help employees across the organisation stay up to date about the organisation’s vision & mission, strategic objectives, projects and executive updates by leading strategic internal and executive communication programs. You will work across teams including Marketing, Human Resources, Product, Sales, and Technology to support the brand mission and evolve brand story. The ideal candidate will be a skilled storyteller with a knack for interpersonal skills and a passion for creating experiences. The role will build a strong culture of collaboration to create experiences that engage, connect and inspire the CMI community of employees!
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, initiative updates or regular staff emails. You may also be required to work on the creation of content
- Ownership of the upkeep of the CMI intranet
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the designers to create the communications
- Own the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) posts on all social channels
- Deliver presentations at organisational events to keep employees informed
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. You will require sensitivity to our goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with our communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with our senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- Organisational skills: You need to be organised to be the owner of all of our internal communications to make sure they are cohesive across departments and our values.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.