Reports to: Head of Higher Education
Closing Date: 27th May 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and proactive sales relationship manager who has a proven track record of driving strategic and commercial sales growth with HEIs across the UK (excl Scotland).
The role is fast paced, target driven and a classic mix of developing new business and growing sales through existing relations. We are inviting applications from individuals who are comfortable in managing an annual sales opportunity pipeline of circa £1 million by liaising with Dean’s, Heads of Faculty and Programme Leads by promoting dual accreditation, apprenticeships and or related management development solutions.
- To achieve and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets by developing quarterly and annual sales plans aimed at Top 30 Priority 3 Partners.
- To deploy strategic planning across your Partner portfolio, enabling effective business development reporting to the Associate Head.
- To maximise CMI’s position as market-leader in providing support for HE students’ employability skills and management and leadership capability within the UK through our value proposition
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Proven track record of sales success and developing strong customer relationships. Ideally by selling accredited programmes, apprenticeships and or related management development solutions.
- Demonstrable track record of primarily developing existing and new business opportunities.
- Grown business through upselling / cross selling across existing client portfolio.
- Has developed innovative solutions to drive engagement and improve customer journey and experience leading to uptake of products and services.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.