Reports to: Head of Higher Education
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
Growing and enhancing CMI’s value with Further Education colleges (FE Colleges) is a key growth area for CMI in line with our strategic objectives. We are looking to recruit an ambitious and proactive B2B sales relationship manager who has a proven track record of driving strategic and commercial sales growth with FE Colleges across the UK (excl Scotland).
- To achieve and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Confident and comfortable in managing a sales pipeline of new business opportunities and customer renewals.
- Confident in identifying and developing sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the education and qualifications market – the challenges and opportunities it creates.
- Develop quarterly and annual sales plans aimed at Top 30 customers identified across territory.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Proven track record of sales success and developing strong customer relationships across Further Education colleges (FE Colleges). Ideally by selling apprenticeship and or related management development solutions.
- Managed an individual annual sales opportunity pipeline of circa £2 million. Regularly qualifying the quality and strength of the opportunities across the customer portfolio.
- Demonstrable track record of primarily developing new business opportunities and self generating new leads.
- Grown business through upselling / cross selling across existing client portfolio.
- Has developed innovative solutions to drive engagement and improve customer journey and experience leading to uptake of products and services.
- Possess a strong network of customer contacts across our target audience group.
- Confident in developing and undertaking sales presentations to a senior audience. Comfortable in networking at large industry leading conferences and events.
- Regularly looking for opportunities to self develop and learn new skills.
- Managed a sales pipeline by using Salesforce CRM.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.