Location: Home-based with occasional travel to the Corby or London office
Reports to: Head of Technology with dotted line to Head of Project Management
Salary: £450-£560 per day (Outside IR35 Contract)
Closing Date: 28th April 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
- CMI is currently going through an upgrade to their CRM system. The Test Manager will be the key liaison between technology and business stakeholders to complete scoping and execution of testing requirements. They will ensure the new system fully caters for the needs of the business, and will take responsibility for detailed project management ensuring deadlines for deliverables are met.
- Working with technology and business colleagues to set up testing data and protocols to enable smooth UAT and quality assurance.
- Tracking test progress, including proactively supporting business subject matter experts in devising and executing test scripts.
- Managing the list of defects through capture, triage and fix to resolution.
- Clear and regular communication of the status of the project, including deliverable tracking and risk, issue and dependency management at weekly project meetings.
- Working closely with CMI’s Head of Project Management to ensure scoping is defined; accountabilities and responsibilities are set; and project plans are updated and monitored against.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Demonstrable experience of taking the lead in a major test initiative.
- Significant User Acceptance Testing responsibilities.
- Significant experience of: functional system testing, integration testing, or non-functional testing.
- Experience of using industry standard testing tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrable abilities in being able to create plans and coordinate testing efforts across a virtual team of many different users and stakeholders from different departments.
- Evidence of Project Management responsibilities.
- A can-do attitude
- Calm, agile and able to cope with changing priorities
- Confident to ask questions – over the phone, email or face to face (as necessary)
- Good time management skills
- Strong collaboration skills, having the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders is essential
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.