Terms and Conditions
We’re looking for managers to participate in a programme, spread over 6 weeks, focusing on hybrid working (see "Your commitment" below). In order to participate, an applicant must:
- be managing a team/s that are working in a hybrid way;
- commit to attending the workshops and clinics for all three modules;
- complete surveys to provide evaluation data for the programme; and
- have the support of their organisation to take part.
The programme will run from early September to mid-October 2023, and learners will participate in interactive workshops and group clinics supported by case studies and tools, to build their skills and confidence to enable effective hybrid3 working amongst their teams. Workshops and clinics will be delivered virtually, and participants will have access to free* CMI membership in August, September and October.
Applicants will be chosen at our discretion, and will be selected on the basis of who we feel is the most suitable for the programme. There are 30 places available on the programme.
The programme will have 3 modules:
- Your role as manager of a hybrid team
- Fairness and inclusion
- Enabling connection and cultural cohesion
Each module will comprise:
- Monthly virtual workshop, run by Timewise, to share key content. Workshops will be interactive and practical, with opportunity for discussion and Q&A.
- Worksheets, examples and case studies to learn from.
- Monthly virtual small-group clinic, facilitated by Timewise, to support peer learning and enable you to test ideas, seek clarification, or work through any particular issues you’re experiencing.
It will involve a time commitment of c.3 hours each week to attend scheduled workshops and clinics, use materials in practice, and reflect on your learning in between sessions.
You will also be expected to complete short questionnaires before and after the programme, to help us assess the impact on your skills and confidence, and you may also be asked to participate in a short interview following the programme to track your progress. CMI will contact you after the programme to track your progress.
The programme is free* for participants who complete the modules and take part in the evaluation. A one-off charge of £250 will apply if a participant does not complete over 50% of the programme and their free* membership will cease. However, CMI has discretion to waive this charge in exceptional circumstances.
If you are offered a place on the programme, you will be sent a link to a direct debit mandate which we will ask you to set up in case the charge needs to be applied. When you have successfully completed the programme, you will be given a further six months’ CMI membership free of charge, offered discounted chartered assessment, the direct debit will be cancelled and no money will be taken from your account. If the charge is due, we will notify you of the date that payment will be taken and your membership will no longer be active.
To apply and submit your application, please click here. The closing date for applications is 1st July. CMI will then contact you by (26th July) if you’re successful with your application.
- We would invite you to save the following dates in your diary subject to you securing a place on the programme:
- Module One: Your role as manager of a hybrid team - workshop Tues 5th Sept 09:30 - 12:30
- Module Two: Fairness and inclusion - workshop Wed 20th Sept 09:30 -12:30
- Module Three: Enabling connection and cultural cohesion - workshop Thurs 5th Oct 09:30 - 12:30
1 Chartered Management Institute, Management House, Cottingham Road, Corby, NN17 1TT
2 Timewise, 63-66 Hatton Garden, 5th Floor, Suite 23, London, EC1N 8LE
* The programme, together with CMI membership for a limited time, is free of charge, unless a participant does not engage with it sufficiently.