Principles of Management and Leadership (Level 3)
QN: 603/2019/9 | 603/2021/7 | 603/2023/0
These qualifications are aimed at practising or aspiring managers who supervise or manage a team, or project officer and shift manager to achieve clearly defined outcomes. They will set and monitor goals and objectives by providing instruction, direction and guidance. Day to day operational and project activities are a key part of their role.
Upon completing the Certificate and Diploma qualifications you will be awarded Foundation Chartered Manager Status. Putting aspiring and early-career managers on a guided development pathway to becoming a fully-fledged Chartered Manager.
|Qualification Number (QN)
|Total Qualification Time (TQT)
Our qualifications are broken down into units and relevant topics aligned to the level and qualification. Typical units for the Level 3 Principles of Management and Leadership:
Information for CMI Education Providers
If you are still providing and require information on our previous Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management, you can find the syllabus here.
Previously Withdrawn Syllabus
- Principles of Management and Leadership
- Managing a Team to Achieve Results
- Building Stakeholder Relationships Using Effective Communication
- Contributing to the Delivery of a Project
- Managing Daily Activities to Achieve Results
- Managing Budgets and Resources
- Managing Data and Information
- Managing Own Personal and Professional Development
- Support and monitor goals
- Provide instructions around objectives
- Give direction and guidance
- Support day-to-day operations
- Effective project planning
- Providing an overview of the roles and responsibilities required for managers and develop the skills required to succeed
- Foundation Chartered Manager offers professional recognition and access to the tools to facilitate continuing professional development (CPD) against our Professional Standard
- Ensuring teams can meet organisational objectives
- Provides a fully comprehensive bank of the knowledge and skills required to be a manager as part of an organisation
- The ability to apply learning in the context of another organisation or industry sector
Completing a CMI qualification offers you more than just academic standing, alongside your qualification you have access to CMI Membership and Support for the duration of your study. This includes access to digital learning resources through ManagementDirect, our Careers Development Centre (CDC) and much more. We’ve pulled together all the key additional learning resources together for your studies.
Ready to start learning? Find an Approved CMI Centre near you today.
Partners and Centres
CMI is here to help your business grow, together increasing the number and standard of professionally qualified managers.
As the only Chartered Awarding Organisation of Management and Leadership qualifications, we offer you a respected and recognised brand, with a portfolio of high quality, internationally recognised, research-led, future-ready qualifications, programmes and endorsement.
As a CMI Centre or Training Provider, you have access to additional qualification resources to assist with the assessments of the qualifications for your Learners through MyCMI. Here, you'll be able to access assignment briefs, assessment booklets, and marking sheets among other important resources.