Certificate in Police First Line Management (Level 4)
This qualification is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals, within the police sector, at Sergeant rank.
Developed with Skills for Justice and the College of Policing, this qualification is recognised as part of the National Police Promotion Framework (NPPF).
|Qualification Number (QN)||601/7799/8|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH)||146|
|Total Qualification Time (TQT)||344|
Our qualifications are broken down into units and relevant topics aligned to the level and qualification. Typical units for the Level 4 Police First Line Management are:
- Supervise police investigations and investigators
- Supervise the response to critical incidents
- Conduct evidence based information briefings, tasking and debriefing
- Prepare for, monitor and maintain police investigators
- Provide leadership and management
- Manage team performance
- Manage personal and professional development
- Conduct performance reviews with individuals in policing
- Provide management and leadership skills relevant to police operations
- Recognise progression as part of an established police promotion framework
- Promotes development of force against required skills and standards
- Establishes better led and managed teams and operations
Completing a CMI qualification offers you more than just academic standing, alongside your qualification you have access to CMI Membership and Support for the duration of your study. This includes access to digital learning resources through ManagementDirect, our Careers Development Centre (CDC) and much more. We’ve pulled together all the key additional learning resources together for your studies.
Ready to start learning? Find an Approved CMI Centre near you today.
Partners and Centres
CMI is here to help your business grow, together increasing the number and standard of professionally qualified managers.
As the only Chartered Awarding Organisation of Management and Leadership qualifications, we offer you a respected and recognised brand, with a portfolio of high quality, internationally recognised, research-led, future-ready qualifications, programmes and endorsement.
As a CMI Centre or Training Provider, you have access to additional qualification resources to assist with the assessments of the qualifications for your Learners through MyCMI. Here, you'll be able to access assignment briefs, assessment booklets, and marking sheets among other important resources.