Police Management (Level 5)
This qualification is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals, within the police sector, progressing to Inspector rank.
Developed with Skills for Justice and the College of Policing, this qualification is recognised as part of the National Police Promotion Framework (NPPF).
|Qualification Number (QN)||601/7800/0|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH)||152|
|Total Qualification Time (TQT)||313|
Our qualifications are broken down into units and relevant topics aligned to the level and qualification. Typical units for the Level 5 qualification in Police Management are:
- Manage operational threats and risks in a policing context
- Principles of management and leadership
- Manage policing investigations in own area of responsibility
- Develop and implement an operational plan
- Obtain, analyse and provide information to support decision making
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Determine and review authorisations for law enforcement
- Plan law enforcement operations
- Deploy resources for law enforcement operations
- Provide management and leadership skills relevant to police operations
- Recognise progression as part of an established police promotion framework
- Promote development of force against required skills and standards
- Establishes better led and managed teams and operations
Do you strive for excellence? Do you deliver positive results for your business? Can you track the link between the two? As a Chartered Manager you’ll join a community of high performing professional managers who are self-aware and skills focused, delivering real value for their business.find out more
Completing a CMI qualification offers you more than just academic standing, alongside your qualification you have access to CMI Membership and Support for the duration of your study. This includes access to digital learning resources through ManagementDirect, our Careers Development Centre (CDC) and much more. We’ve pulled together all the key additional learning resources together for your studies.
Ready to start learning? Find an Approved CMI Centre near you today.
Partners and Centres
CMI is here to help your business grow, together increasing the number and standard of professionally qualified managers.
As the only Chartered Awarding Organisation of Management and Leadership qualifications, we offer you a respected and recognised brand, with a portfolio of high quality, internationally recognised, research-led, future-ready qualifications, programmes and endorsement.
As a CMI Centre or Training Provider, you have access to additional qualification resources to assist with the assessments of the qualifications for your Learners through our Partner Portal. The Partner Portal gives you access to assignment briefs, assessment booklets, and marking sheets among other important resources.