Principles of Professional Coaching (Level 5)
QN: 610/0901/5 | 610/0902/7
These qualifications are designed to support individuals in the development of knowledge of professional coaching, helping them understand the core requirements for effective coaching practice. Designed for individuals wishing to develop their knowledge of professional coaching in order to understand the coaching process, without the requirement to demonstrate the application of skills.
This qualification is aligned to CMI Professional Standards.
|Qualification Number (QN)||610/0901/5||610/0902/7|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH)||14||34|
|Total Qualification Time (TQT)||60||140|
Our qualifications are broken down into units and relevant topics aligned to the level and qualification. Typical units for these qualifications are:
- Principles of Professional Coaching
- The Role of the Professional Coach
- Strategies for Delivering Professional Coaching
Information for CMI Education Providers
If you are still providing and require information on our previous Level 5 in Management Coaching & Mentoring, you can find the syllabus here.
- Introduces the principles of professional coaching, including the similarities and differences with other methods of support and the rationale for its delivery
- Focuses on the knowledge, skills, and behaviours required to coach in a manner that is engaging, builds trust, and supports the coachee to progress towards their goals.
- Explores the influence of coachee’s values, behaviours and culture on their ability to engage with the coaching process.
- There is a focus on the roles and responsibilities within the coaching relationship, organisational, legal and ethical frameworks and quality assurance.
- Explore strategies for managing stakeholder relationships, communicating with impact, problem solving and decision making.
- Be able to apply their understanding of approaches, models, tools and techniques to develop a strategy to respond to different needs and expectations of coachee’s.
Completing a CMI qualification offers you more than just academic standing, alongside your qualification you have access to CMI Membership and Support for the duration of your study. This includes access to digital learning resources through ManagementDirect, our Careers Development Centre (CDC) and much more. We’ve pulled together all the key additional learning resources together for your studies.
Ready to start learning? Find an Approved CMI Centre near you today.
Partners and Centres
CMI is here to help your business grow, together increasing the number and standard of professionally qualified managers.
As the only Chartered Awarding Organisation of Management and Leadership qualifications, we offer you a respected and recognised brand, with a portfolio of high quality, internationally recognised, research-led, future-ready qualifications, programmes and endorsement.
As a CMI Centre or Training Provider, you have access to additional qualification resources to assist with the assessments of the qualifications for your Learners through MyCMI. Here, you'll be able to access assignment briefs, assessment booklets, and marking sheets among other important resources.