Level 5 in Management and Leadership
These qualifications are aimed at practising or aspiring managers and leaders who are typically accountable to a senior manager or business owner. The primary role of a practising or aspiring manager and leader is to lead and manage individuals and teams to deliver aims and objectives in line with organisational strategy.
Providing an overview of the roles and responsibilities required for managers, the Award will develop the skills required for this level of responsibility.
The Certificate provides a broader knowledge of skills to help you be more effective in specific management areas, with increased focus on the areas that are most appropriate to your role and organisation.
The Diploma gives you a fully comprehensive bank of the skills and knowledge required to be a manager as part of an organisation, as well as the ability to apply your learning in the context of another organisation or industry sector.
- Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of a Level 5 Qualification in Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 5 Award to Level 5 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 Certificate to Level 6 or 7 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Learners who are aspiring to a management role may progress to roles such as:
- Operations Manager
- Divisional Manager
- Departmental Manager
- Regional Manager
- Specialist Manager
ESFA Purpose Statement - Diploma
ESFA Purpose Statement - Extended Diploma
CMI Education Providers
Are you still providing and require information on our previous Level 5 in Management and Leadership?