Professional Mentoring Practice (Level 5)
QN: 610/0907/6 | 610/0908/8
This qualification is designed to provide an overview of principles of mentoring practice for individuals. This qualification explores the underpinning skills and knowledge to identify the role of mentoring in relation to coaching, how management and leadership principles can underpin practice, and deliver mentoring that empowers Mentee’s to work towards meaningful goals. Designed for practising or aspiring Mentors, who have the ability to apply their learning, to develop their skills in this area and/or progress onto further learning.
These qualifications are aligned to CMI Professional Standards.
|Qualification Number (QN)||610/0907/6||610/0908/8|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH)||28||30|
|Total Qualification Time (TQT)||80||130|
Our qualifications are broken down into units and relevant topics aligned to the level and qualification. Typical units for these qualifications are:
- Management and Leadership Influences in Coaching and Mentoring
- Professional Mentoring Practice
- An insight into these topics will enable the Professional Coach or Mentor to develop an in-depth appreciation of the challenges faced by individuals they support.
- Improve the Mentee’s confidence, quality, consistency, and productivity in their work.
- The Professional Coach or Mentor to evaluate the role and influence of organisation culture, management, leadership and change on coaching and mentoring and apply this information in their professional practice.
- A Mentor is a trusted advisor, and the role differs, depending on the Mentee and their organisation’s needs.
Completing a CMI qualification offers you more than just academic standing, alongside your qualification you have access to CMI Membership and Support for the duration of your study. This includes access to digital learning resources through ManagementDirect, our Careers Development Centre (CDC) and much more. We’ve pulled together all the key additional learning resources together for your studies.
Ready to start learning? Find an Approved CMI Centre near you today.
Partners and Centres
CMI is here to help your business grow, together increasing the number and standard of professionally qualified managers.
As the only Chartered Awarding Organisation of Management and Leadership qualifications, we offer you a respected and recognised brand, with a portfolio of high quality, internationally recognised, research-led, future-ready qualifications, programmes and endorsement.
As a CMI Centre or Training Provider, you have access to additional qualification resources to assist with the assessments of the qualifications for your Learners through MyCMI. Here, you'll be able to access assignment briefs, assessment booklets, and marking sheets among other important resources.